• New condo sales declined 58% in 2018 from a record high.
• New launch pricesgrew by 56% over the past two years to surpass $1,000 psfin Toronto.
• Annual growth in condo resale prices and condo rents moderated in Q4 to below 7%.
• A record 22,000 new condos are scheduled for completion in 2019.
• Purpose-built rentals under construction reached a 30-year high of 11,905 units.
Find out what’s next for the GTA condo market with Urbanation President, Shaun Hildebrand.
Shaun sets the research agenda and guides the analytics that form the company’s market insights. Shaun is a highly respected industry veteran with over a decade of experience analyzing the GTA housing market, known for providing regular commentary to the media, producing actionable insights for stakeholders, and delivering engaging presentations.